Three Circular Chess
Three-player chess variant played on a circular ring shaped board.
There are three players, everyone against everyone. Move order: White, Red, Black.
The game ends when someone is checkmated:
- who gave the checkmate wins (1 point),
- who got checkmated loses (0 points),
- and the third player gets 1/2 points.
Details: Three-player chess.
- The two pawn groups of each player move in different directions, both towards the nearest opponent's base.
- Pawns promote just before the dashed lines. (These lines have no other meaning.)
- There is no castling.
- Null-moves that do not change the position are not allowed: on an otherwise empty ring, a queen or a rook cannot make a full round to move back to its starting field.
After Circular Chess, Uray M. János, 2013.